Tax Accountants work as part of a team in preparing tax returns for our firm’s individual, corporate, trust, and not-for-profit clients (all of our commercial clients are owner-managed or other closely-held businesses, we have no publicly traded or regulated industry clients – or the stress associated with such clients).
The primary duties of a Tax Accountant include:
- Evaluating client information and using such to prepare federal and state income tax returns,
- Assisting with general accounting duties in advance of tax preparation,
- Assisting clients and other firm personnel in the evaluation of tax planning strategies,
- Researching changes in tax codes for related impact on client situations, and
- Preparing responses to IRS and state tax notices.
Tax Accountants generally work on multiple client engagements simultaneously and therefore must hold strong organizational skills to monitor and complete assignments within respective deadlines. Other than for occasional CPE requirements, there is no travel required for this position.
Candidates must have completed at least one busy season of tax preparation experience, hold an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting with 150 hours of college credits and progress towards completion of the CPA exam.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@KimbleCPA.com.